Friday 17 September 2010

One for travellers...Eddie Vedder

If you've seen 'Into The Wild' you'll have caught on already.

The film itself is brilliant. It's one of my favourites. The music couldn't be more appropriate. I was played the album before I saw the film and knew from the record that I was going to love it.

Directed by Sean Penn, the film is based on the true story of Christopher McCandless. As the film develops, and the protagonist travels further into the wilderness befriending all sorts of characters, he faces endless challenges, both physically and mentally.

Every time I listen to the record I think of the film. I also think of someone walking the world alone, testing the strength of their mind and discovering nature in the most brutal way.

If you're going travelling, or venturing to discover, then take this album with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment